Emergency Water Damage Tips
24/7 Emergency Service Talk to a Real Person
Available 24/7 365
What to do while waiting for AZ Dry Guys to Arrive
Thankfully you won’t have to wait long. We are available 24/7 for all your water damage emergencies. However while you are awaiting our arrival there are things that you should consider for your own safety.
- Decide whether or not it is safe to stay in your house.
- Not only are there slip and fall hazards to look out for, but we all know that electricity and water do not mix.
- Waterlogged materials can be deceptively heavy.
- Safety should be your primary focus.
Once you have accessed the safety of your home what should you do next?
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What You Should NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
We have been serving Arizona families since 2006. We know what you home means to you, and we want to help you restore it as quickly as possible after a disaster. We hope this tips will help you, but the most important thing is your safety. Do not risk your safety for your stuff. Just call us, and we are on the way.